A guide to the most expensive addresses in Stockholm
Considering buying or renting in Sweden’s capital and want to make a splash? Here is a guide to the most expensive addresses in Stockholm based on the latest sale prices from Swedish Brokerage Statistics and Fastighetsbyrån, one of Sweden’s leading estate agents.
Östermalm is the most expensive area in central Stockholm
The ten dearest addresses in Stockholm cost from 113 387 up to 122 869 SEK per square metre. Nine out of ten of these streets are located in the Östermalm area of Stockholm (East central Stockholm) whilst one is in Vasastan (West central Stockholm). Östermalm has always been known as the wealthiest part of Stockholm so it’s not surprising that the most expensive streets are almost exclusively in this area.
Streets with the highest average price per square metre
1. Floragatan Stockholm, Östermalm: 122 869 SEK
2. Stureparken Stockholm, Östermalm: 117 601 SEK
3. Asrikegatan Stockholm, Östermalm: 116 878 SEK
4. Strandvägen Stockholm, Östermalm: 115 256 SEK
5. StorgatanStockholm, Östermalm: 114 798 SEK
6. GrevturegatanStockholm, Östermalm: 114 420
7. Kaptensgatan Stockholm, Östermalm: 114 284 SEK
8. EastmansvägenStockholm, Vasastan: 113 819 SEK
9. Breitenfeldsgatan Stockholm, Östermalm: 113 726 SEK
10. Nybrogatan Stockholm, Östermalm: 113 387 SEK
Bromma tops the charts for sale prices in Stockholm
When it comes to the most expensive ten addresses in terms of average sale price, Bromma tops the charts for Stockholm’s most expensive streets with a total of five entries. An idyllic suburb west of central Stockholm consisting mainly of houses, Bromma offers close access to the city centre as well as great public transport. It’s also located beside lake Mälaren and encompasses many attractive green areas. Strandvägen in Östermalm (pictured above), traditionally seen as “the address” in Stockholm, is surpassed by Thaliavägen in Bromma for the position of “most expensive” by a comfortable margin of over 1 million SEK. Täby and Danderyd, two suburban areas north of the city centre and Lidingö, an island east of Stockholm centre, are also included in the top ten list.
Streets with the highest average sale price
1. Thaliavägen Stockholm, Bromma: 16 031 000 SEK
2. Strandvägen Stockholm, Östermalm: 14 850 000 SEK
3. Höglandsvägen Stockholm, Täby: 14 260 000 SEK
4. Mårdvägen Stockholm, Bromma: 14 080 000 SEK
5. Nysätravägen Stockholm, Lidingö: 13 510 000 SEK
6. Igelkottsvägen Stockholm, Bromma: 12 316 667 SEK
7. Roslinvägen Stockholm, Bromma: 12 080 000 SEK
8. Nyängsvägen Stockholm, Bromma: 11 945 000 SEK
9. Stureparken Stockholm, Östermalm: 11 831 250 SEK
10. Norevägen Stockholm, Danderyd: 11 604 545 SEK
Prices just got cheaper
After many years of rising prices, the property market in Sweden is currently experiencing an adjustment. Property prices in November 2017 fell by 3% both in Stockholm and nationally compared to the previous month, according to figures published by Swedish Brokerage Statistics.
Need more information?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more detailed information about house or apartment prices for any specific area in Sweden or an update on the Swedish property market. You may also be interested in availing of our home finding services or property consultation service. We help you to find the perfect home for your budget whether you want to rent or buy.
Relocate to Sweden provides expert advice and hands-on help for companies recruiting internationally or transferring staff to Sweden and for private relocation. We help with the entire relocation process including immigration, home finding, tax consultancy, registration with Swedish authorities, schools, health care, language and intercultural training. Email us at email@example.com or call us on +46 8 361011 if you would like help. You can also read more about our relocation services at www.relocatetosweden.com
Expert advice and hands-on help throughout your relocation processContact Us
© Relocate To Sweden. All rights reserved.